Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register


Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Hello Atty!

Would just like to ask if there are any existing laws regarding the changing of surnames na walang mabigat na dahilan? sa mga nabasa ko kasi dito sa pinas papayagan lang unless illegitimate or may typographical error ang papers.

View user profile


Arresto Menor
Hi Atty.,

Somebody told me na may law daw na na-approve that a married woman can either use her married name or not, it's her choice. How true?

I'm separated for over 5 years, if that is true, can I have all my legal docs/IDs changed?

View user profile


saint, look up rule 103 and 108 of the rules of court.

IM, yes it is true, but once you use your married name, you cannot force the govt agencies to change it back unless your marriage is annulled or your are widowed.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum