Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

married but deported

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 married but deported on Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:29 am

mitch80

Arresto Menor
Hello sir I am desperately seeking for some help and I would gladly appreciate any advise that you will give me.I got married in japan last 2009(I got married first time in 2003 but we cleared everything before moved to the next one) and i was an illegal alien just for a week.We succesfully got married in a city hall there after my visa expired.To make the long story short,while waiting for my visa to come out, I was deported here last year of october.They told me that they dont believe our marriage and i am overstay,due to the strictness and for some other foreigners whos doing those strategies to get married for the sake of visa,as a Filipina we are on top of the list,Anyway I never talked to my ex husband anymore since i got deported last 2010, and I am happy here now in Philippines,and he doesnt care anymore too, ,and I believe that the japanese immigration would be the one who will file the divorce paper and I dont need to do anything with that and the fact of they deported me here means they dont believe the marriage so i think its automatic that i am single again now and the marriage is invalid(since i did not get my visa too just got married in a city hall),and i believe that after 6 months since the day I arrived here the marriage is invalid already.Sir I am just concerned about my civil status now,I dont even know where to start on how to know if I am really back to being single already again.I want to ask a marriage contract from the NSO so I will know if i have one means Im still married.And i dont have any divorce documents as a witness for the NSO for them to know that my marriage is useless anymore.Sir can you give me an advise regarding this,I want to get new passport,(maiden name)again,but i dont have proof to show DFA as well.I used my married passport when i came back here..And for planning to get married here with my filipino fiance.Where do I start sir?thank you and i appreciate this help.

View user profile

2 Re: married but deported on Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:38 pm

mitch80

Arresto Menor
Atty can you pls give me an advise for this if my marriage was void,because i was deported here and they found that it was fix marriage only,I do not want to contact the ex japanese anymore and i have my new life here already in the philippines.i hope the marriage was invalid.what should i check first sir so I will know if i am single again?i only have my deportation paper when i came back here last year.And when they interviewed me while i was in the custody of the japanese immigration they told me that they will file the divorce.so i thought that after 6 months i am automatically single again without going to some departments to file my divorce paper.Pls advise me sir what to do first.thank you in advance

View user profile

3 Re: married but deported on Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:01 pm

attyLLL

you need to get certified copies of your divorce decree, then file a petition for recognition of foreign judgment

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

4 Re: married but deported on Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:48 pm

mitch80

Arresto Menor
Thank you Sir.where can i get the copies for the divorce decree sir?and does it mean that my marriage was valid even it was fake and i got deported here?it is possible for me to get married again right away?thank you sir i hope you dont mind answering these.im really not knowledgable about visa and divorce issues because i always hired someone to fix every paper i need but now i need to do it my own,thank you again sir.

View user profile

5 Re: married but deported on Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:10 am

attyLLL

if your marriage is recorded in the nso, then it is real. if there was a divorce filed in japan, then ask your husband to send you copies certified at the philippine consulate.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

6 Re: married but deported Today at 2:02 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum