Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question about Marriage License

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Question about Marriage License on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:13 am

hermione1402

Arresto Menor
Hello. Im currently working in London and engaged to be married. My fiance and I already have two sons (aged 7 and 4) but due to family conflicts, lack of finances and our young age then, we haven't tied the knot. We've finally decided to get married this March when I go home for my annual vacation as we're both of age and financially stable now. The problem is gusto tlga namin sa church ikasal. Kaso makakapag apply lang kami for the license when I arrive sa Pinas, wait for 10 days and then mag book sa church. And the church requires na i-announce and wedding banns for 3 sundays prior to the wedding date.. So kukulangin kami ng time as I only have 4 weeks to stay in the phillippines..

My question is:
1.Is there a way to apply for the license without my physical appearance??
2. Could we dispense with the marriage license and claim that we've been living as husband and wife

Thanks in advance and would really appreciate your advice.

View user profile

2 Re: Question about Marriage License on Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:06 pm

concepab

Reclusion Perpetua
hermione1402 wrote:Hello. Im currently working in London and engaged to be married. My fiance and I already have two sons (aged 7 and 4) but due to family conflicts, lack of finances and our young age then, we haven't tied the knot. We've finally decided to get married this March when I go home for my annual vacation as we're both of age and financially stable now. The problem is gusto tlga namin sa church ikasal. Kaso makakapag apply lang kami for the license when I arrive sa Pinas, wait for 10 days and then mag book sa church. And the church requires na i-announce and wedding banns for 3 sundays prior to the wedding date.. So kukulangin kami ng time as I only have 4 weeks to stay in the phillippines..

My question is:
1.Is there a way to apply for the license without my physical appearance??
2. Could we dispense with the marriage license and claim that we've been living as husband and wife

Thanks in advance and would really appreciate your advice.

Art. 34. No license shall be necessary for the marriage of a man and a woman who have lived together as husband and wife for at least five years and without any legal impediment to marry each other. The contracting parties shall state the foregoing facts in an affidavit before any person authorized by law to administer oaths. The solemnizing officer shall also state under oath that he ascertained the qualifications of the contracting parties are found no legal impediment to the marriage.

View user profile

3 Re: Question about Marriage License on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:24 am

hermione1402

Arresto Menor
Technically, we haven't been living as husband and wife as we lived separately. My parents would only allow him to visit the kids or we would go out as a family but at the end of the day, he goes back to his house and the kids and I stay at my parent's house. We have been committed to each other since the beginning of the relationship (we go out as a family, budget our salaries together, etc..) but we didn't physically live together. So my question is could we still claim that we've been living as husband and wife during those years?

Thanks again.

View user profile

4 Re: Question about Marriage License on Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:20 am

attyLLL

then the exception will not apply. taking legal shortcuts is never advisable but I have to admit there are 'marriage consultants' who make it possible to get a license quickly.

as for the church, that'll be tougher. not many corrupt priests. try another denomination which may be more flexible.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum