Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Given name different from birth name

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Given name different from birth name on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:12 am

Arresto Menor
Thank God I found you. I work and live in the US and I want to petition my children to immigrate here. My problem is the name listed in their birth certificates is my given name (the name I grew up with) while all my US documents are under my birth name. Should I file for a name change to adopt my birth name or should I adopt my given name as an alias? Please advise me on what is best without affecting my residency here. Thank you.

View user profile

2 Re: Given name different from birth name on Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:33 am


whether it will affect your residency is a question that should be addressed to a us immigration lawyer.

you are required to use the name on your birth certificate. why is there a difference in your names?

i believe the better remedy will be to correct the birth certificate of your children to reflect the proper surname that is recorded on your birth certificate.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum