Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Newbie here asking for advice

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Newbie here asking for advice on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:28 pm


Arresto Menor
Hi Everyone,

I just want to ask if anyone here knows the way/legal process on changing a child's surname from mother's maiden name to mother's married name?

I recently got married and my child carries my maiden name. Her birth certificate only indicate me as her parent so there is no need for affidavit of acknowledgment/admission of paternity. But since I am now carrying my husband's surname, we would like also to change my child's present surname into his. What would be the easiest way to do this? Appreciate your immediate response.

Thanks & regards,

View user profile

2 Re: Newbie here asking for advice on Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:08 pm


Arresto Menor
In order to do it legally; your child should be adopted by your husband; the effect will be, the surname you carry will also be carried by your kid.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum