Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unaknowledged illegitimate child's father's name on the birth certificate

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Hi! Tanong ko lang po kung ano ialalagay under father's name sa birth certificate ng illegitimate child, (the father still has not aknowledge the child). The people sa med-records sa hospital are insiting to put 'unknown' instead of leaving it blank. Also, can the name of the father be added na lang once he choose to aknoweldge the child? Lastly, can we file a complaint on the hospital med-records staff that tried to imply (in pulic) that the mother was raped since she prefers to leave the name of the father blank. Thanks!

View user profile


while it sounds insulting, the hospital staff are correct that they cannot put a name of the father unless he signs the birth certificate.

however, i am against this general practice of putting "unknown". argue that they keep it blank instead.

as for the implying the mother was raped, that will not prosper.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum